Let's eat camote!
I've got some 'camote' recipe from kusina.com. Let's cook it up and this will be likely our little contribution for 'rice conservation.' Very timely, huh?
1 kilo kamote
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter
juice of 1 orange
1. Pare and cut kamote into rounds about 1" thick.
2. Parboil then drain.
3. Arrange the kamote slices on a buttered baking dish.
4. Set aside.
5. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
6. Caramelize this mixture.
7. Add in butter, orange juice and rind.
8. Pour over the kamote slices.
9. Bake for 20 minutes in a 325 degrees F oven.
10. Baste several times with syrup.
1 kilo camote (sweet potatoes), peeled
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup water
1-1/2 cups corn oil
1. Cut peeled camote into thin strips.
2. Mix brown sugar and flour with water and stir thoroughly..
3. Coat camote with sugar and flour mixture.
4. Prepare 3 tbsp of flattened camote mixture.
5. Deep fry in corn oil until golden brown.
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com